If you check out a reputable jeweler for diamond wedding rings, you will notice an enormous amount of options. For example, do you choose special wedding sets, customize or go with a specific design. In addition, there are many choices when it comes to diamonds, and this can make the decision difficult. Here are a few shopping tips to help make the process a little easier.
Match the Ring with the Person
Diamond wedding rings are about personal preferences and tastes. This is why a vintage style ring may be perfect for one person and completely inappropriate for another. Here are some things to think about before you go ring shopping.
Diamond Wedding Rings for Women
- Is she down to earth and practical? In other words, is she a sedan, SUV or luxury car kind of person? (This will tell you whether to go with traditional, designer or unique styles.)
- Does she love finer things more than standard things? (You may have to finance your purchase and spend more than you planned on.)
- Does she search for the meaning behind every gift you give her? (Look for rings with a motif or special design.)
- Is she an impulsive woman? (Don’t take her ring shopping. Instead, surprise her with your choice.)
Diamond Wedding Rings for Men
- When he shops is he always checking discontinued items or bargains? (This tells you which price range to choose and where to shop.)
- When buying, is he the kind of man you wants the very best he can afford? (Choose the high end of the price range.)
- Does he like a predictable and planned out life? (Opt for traditional choices.)
How Much Should You Spend?
As a general rule, it’s acceptable to spend as much as three month’s wages on your purchase. In other words, if your joint income is about $70,000 a year, you would not want to go over $17,500 total. However, there is no need to spend this much when you can find diamond wedding rings for much less.
The truth is, if you purchase rings you both like for less than a few thousand dollars, there is no reason to spend more. In fact, you may wish to go with a plain band for the man, to save money. Here are some additional budget tips:
- Make sure you can afford the ring payments.
- Don’t go too cheap or you may not get what you really want.
- Take your time and check out as many styles and options as you can.
- Choose a jeweler you can trust with a proven reputation of quality and an excellent return policy.